Friday, August 17, 2007

no attention span whatsoever

I think I have ADHD. Alhamdulilah, I got a chance to attend jummah today, but I found it so hard to pay attention to the khatib. I kept on fidgeting with my bag and fading in and out of attentiveness. It didn't help that the khutbah was 40 minutes long and I was worried aobut being late to work, but still, if I have a chance ot make it to jummah, I want to get the most out of it.

I wonder if I would be able to pay attention better if I had something in my hands to play with. Hmmm, got dhikr beads. Is it ok to make dhikr during jummah?

I did that when I went to see the Dalai Lama a few months back. The chairs were so dang uncomfortable and his microphone was so soft, I couldn't concentrate. I whipped out the beads and that helped me focus, at least a little. Didn't help with the mike problems though, lol.


Also, tried to sign up for the supplications sunnipath course, but it's not letting me log in or register for some reason. Gah!

No comments: