Wednesday, August 15, 2007

love for the Prophet (saws)


Muhammad (saws)

Tala'albadru 'alayna
Min thaniyyati'l
WadaWajaba ash-shukru 'alayna
Ma da'a lillahi da
Ma da'a lillahi da


The White Moon (track numbers 2 and 5, although 2 is the one that has been stuck in my head for the last half an hour)

Allahumma salli 'ala Muhammadin 'abdika wa rasulika wa salli
'ala l'mu'mina wa'l-mu'minat wa'l-muslimina wa'l-muslimat

Oh Allah send Your mercy on Muhammad, Your servant, Your Messenger and send mercy on all believing men and women and all Muslim men and women (Ibn Hibban)



There's a lot of Muhammad (saws) bashing online. When used to read slander of the beloved messenger of God (saws), I would get sad. I know this man, and I love him. How could anyone who knew him not love him? I would feel frustrated at my inability to express my love in a coherent manner, in a way that could convince these people of the greatness and nobility of our Prophet (saws). All I got was a lotta heartache.


Now, when I see someone slander the Messenger (saws), I smile and turn my heart towards praise of him. I send blessings on our beloved. I pray for the guidance of the slanderers, that their heart may be open to the truth of the beautiful message he brought. Little do these slanderers know the good they are doing, increasing the praise of Allah (swt) and of the Messenger (saws) in the heart of this believer. Alhamdulilah, they've managed to increase my love for him more!

No comments: