Monday, August 27, 2007

And now for something completely different...

...online course window shopping.

This is it - the point of no return. From here on out, I'm going to become a serious student of Islam. Ok, well, as serious as I can be with the internet as my guide and my arabic sorely lacking. First things first - enroll in an arabic course at a local masjid and sign up for more SunniPath courses.

What course should I take during the Fall semester. It's my goal, inshaAllah, to take one a semester.

Fiqh-i? Essentials of Islam - Shafi'i, Introduction to Islamic Worship - Shafi'i

Iman-y? Tahawi's Manual of Belief Explained

History-ish? Women and Men around the Messenger

Qur'an focused? Introduction to the Qur'an

Adab (my favorite!)? Attaining Good Character

Or something that would be good for everything overall? Journey to Allah - Part 1

I'm drawn towards the last two courses, but my more rational self thinks I should follow the Foundations Curriculumn Sunnipath has laid out. So, this means either Foundations of Islamic Law or Essentials of Islam (Shafi'i).

No comments: