Wednesday, June 27, 2007

clothing rambling

Fluffy post for the day, cuz work has taxed my poor mental skills to their limited.

So, I had a doctors appointment on Friday to check on my high blood pressure (which is not improving, booo). However, I'm down 9 pounds from where I was in December, and inshaAllah if I keep it up, I'll be a wee bit thinner for Eid (yaay). As such, I'm not going to do any eid shopping now, but Artizara just emailed out about their new clothes, many of which look eid worthy. Maybe I should make a deal with myself if I hit x pounds by September, I'll buy something new.

I would still love to get my hands on a silk route jelbab, especially with new designs coming out soon, but a friend had horrible luck with the hijab shop, so I'm wary.

And in other sad news to report, my sporty orange faux track suit abaya has bit the dust. It served me well over the years, so rest in peace my friend. *sniffles* I don't have a picture, but it is similar to the pinkish colored one in the lower left hand corner of this photo essay, minus the side slits. There was an online shop selling more of these, but I can't seem to find it now, and I fear that they're horribly out of style in Cairo, so I won't be able to get one when I go (a few years from now).

No comments: