Wednesday, April 18, 2007

VTech

Innaa lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon

At the Convocation on Tuesday, four college religious leaders spoke. You can listen to the muslim speaker starting around 20:00.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At least 150 people were killed in Iraq today. I wish we could have profiles of all the people killed in Iraq like what we are getting for those killed at Vtech on Monday. I mourn the loss of the students, because I can identify with them. American college students, gunned down while in class. It wasn't too long ago that I was a student in class. The deaths in Iraq are more distant. If I knew more about these people, maybe I would mourn their passing more, rather than just feel, oh, more people died there today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rahma, I couldn't agree more. We all really need some perspective. VT most certainly is a tragedy, but there are thousands of tragedies daily around the world, too.