Got this via email
The Minnesota House of Representatives yesterday invited a Muslim chaplain to deliver the opening prayer. Hesham Hussein, president of the Muslim American Society of Minnesota delivered the opening prayer, yesterday, April 11 2007.
After opening with the recitation of Sura al Fatiha in Arabic, Hesham prayed for justice and blessings of all the people in the state of Minnesota. He also prayed to join our hearts, to enable us to live in peace and resolve our differences in peace.
The full opening prayers can be seen in the following video (starting at minute 6)http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/programa.asp?ls_year=85&event_id=1305
The full text of the opening prayers is attached below.
The Muslim American Society of Minnesota seeks to encourage the participation of Muslims in building a virtuous and moral America. MASMN seeks to foster unity, encourage cooperation, and promote the human values that Islam emphasizes, namely: brotherhood, equality, justice, mercy, compassion, and peace. MAS is a national organization with over 50 chapters across the country.To learn more about MASMN or donate & support the ongoing activities, please visit http://www.masmn.org/
Sincerely,The MAS-MN Team
FULL TEXT OF THE OPENING PRAYERS BY SHEIKH HESHAM HUSSEIN ON APRIL 11 2007
· In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
· Praise be to God, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
· Most Gracious, Most Merciful; · Master of the day of judgment.
· We worship you, and seek your help
· Guide us to the straight path,
· The path of those whom you blessed, not those who deserve wrath, nor those who went astray.
· God, show us the truth as it is true and give us the ability to follow it
· And Show us falsehood as it is false and give us the ability to avoid falsehood
· And not confuse it with truth
· God you are Just.
· We seek refuge in you from injustice; whether suffering injustice or causing injustice to others, we seek refuge in you
· God, join our hearts in all goodness and give us the ability to understand those who have different opinions than us. Make our debate a way through which you guide us to what is best for us.
· God, our knowledge is limited and your knowledge is not
· Bless our time and our efforts and help us speak for those who can not speak for them selves,
· Help us provide a shelter for everyone who needs a shelter, Help us provide care for everyone who needs care, Help us take care of our elders and provide education for our children
· God increase our resources and bless them for us
· Bless our budget and guide us to the best way to spend it for the benefit of every resident of our state.
· God, You are the peace, the source of peace, enable us to live in peace and resolve our differences in peace.
· God Bless our hearts, our souls, our bodies and our minds. Protect us from all evil, Protect us from Greed, from arrogance, ignorance, from violence, from fear.
· Bless our time, our effort, our people and our state.