Monday, April 16, 2007

Happy muslimiversary to me

5 years ago today, I made shahada. Alhamdulilah. I wish I had something profound to say, but alas, it's Monday, I've got a ton of work to do and I'm still half asleep. So, here are some of my favorite online videos, most which I think I've posted before, but are worth looking at again.

My favorite nasheeds, reposted.




And videos from Yusuf Islam's album that speak to issues of conversion



The moment you walked inside my door/ I knew that I need not look no more,/ I've seen many other souls before - ah but, /Heaven must've programmed you/The moment you fell inside my dreams /I realized all I had not seen, /I've seen many other souls before - ah but, /Heaven must've programmed you.

Who walked inside his door? The Prophet Muhammad (saws)?



Good character. We need more of it.

And finally, the reason I am muslim today, the Qur'an. Pick any surah, any verse and start reciting, and it will tug at my heart strings.

No comments: