Friday, March 23, 2007

Anger

One of my favorite all time pieces of Islamic Advice is a piece from Sunnipath called Don't Get Angry. Alhamdulilah, I've read it so often, that I actually apply it's advice now. Amazing how that works, isn't it?

As mentioned earlier, I used to post often on CF. I popped in a few times this last week and posted re: the 6 imams at the Minneapolis airport situation. I definately got to put the advice about anger into practice on these threads. How does one respond to drivil like this? Or this?

At this point, I'm putting advice number 2 into good use:

2. Silence. Do not say anything when angry, lest it contravene the Sacred Law,
or go against your personal or social interests. The Messenger of Allah (Allah
bless him & give him peace) said, “If you get angry, stay silent.” [Ahmad]



I'd would like to provide a cool, rational response to these people, to show them that muslims are not a cancer, that we're ordinary people who simply live to please their Lord. But, sometimes it's hopeless. *sigh*

No comments: