Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Resources for muslim apologists

If you've spent anytime in the online world, you've most likely come across the sentiment that muslims are all complicit in terrorism and that we don't ever say anything against terrorism. I know I've blogged about my frustrations as the resident muslim apologist of Christian Forums, where I heard this claim at least once a week. It gets really old, but over time, I developed a list of muslim organizations and statements about terrrorism and violence that I could easily copy and paste.

Now, the American Muslim online zine has done a much better job. Anyone who discusses Islam and muslims online should bookmark these lists for easy reference:


Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism - Part I - Fatwas

Part II - Statements by Organizations

Part III - Statements & Articles by Individuals

Part IV A few Quotes

Part V The Muslim Majority

Selective Hearing of Muslim Voices Against Extremism and Terrorism

Claim that all terrorists are Muslims ignores history

No comments: