Friday, December 8, 2006

Reflection of Pearls

One of the best books I've bought pertaining to Islam (and I've bought dozens), is Reflections of Pearls. It is by far my favorite dua book. It contains everyday supplications, a comprehensive section on supplications from the Qur'an and Sunnah, as well as a very thorough section describing prayers outside the fard salat.

Each arabic entry is followed by an excellent transliteration into the roman (ie western, european) alphabet and translation into english. So, for someone who's arabic isn't the best, they can (attempt to) read the arabic, follow up with a reading of the transliteration and finish with a reading of the translation. The dua is said three times, engraining it in your mind, heart and soul.

inshaAllah I'll put up duas from the book on occasion, although I don't know if I'll be able to type out the arabic.

Allahumma aslih li diniya 'lladhi huwa 'ismatu amri, wa aslih li dunyaya 'llati fiha ma-'ashi, wa aslih li akhiratiya 'llati fiha ma-'adi, wa 'j'ali' l-hayata ziyaddatal li fi kulli khary(in), wa 'j'ali 'l-mawta rahatal li fi kulli sharr(in).


O God, set aright my religious life which is a safeguard in all my affairs, set aright my worldly life in which is my subsitence, set aright my Hereafter unto which I return, and make my life a source of increase in all good, and make my death a refuge from every evil (Muslim)

Ameen

No comments: